Online Instructions for New SensePlayer Firmware
To upgrade your SensePlayer online, follow the steps below:
- Connect the AC adapter to your device.
- Connect your device to the Internet. If you have not set up a wireless network connection, refer to chapter 14 of the user manual for instructions. You can download the user manual (.docx) here.
- Navigate to the “Utilities” option from the Home Menu using the Up or Down arrow and press “OK”.
- Use the Up or Down arrow to select “Upgrade” and press “OK”.
- You will be prompted to choose how you wish to upgrade. Use the Left or Right arrow to navigate to “Online” and press “OK”.
- If a new upgrade is available, the download will begin automatically. If you are not connected to the Internet, you will be notified and taken to the “Network Setup” dialog. If the current upgrade is the latest, you will be notified and asked if you wish to proceed. Press “OK” to proceed, or “Cancel” to cancel the upgrade process.
- Once the download is complete, the unit will announce “Start System update”, and the update will begin installing. During the download, you may press the “Cancel” key to cancel the download process, and you will be returned to the upgrade options list. However, once the upgrade begins installing, do not press any keys on the SensePlayer or disconnect it from the AC adapter.
- When the installation is complete, the SensePlayer will announce that the upgrade was successful and will reboot to the Home Menu.