Resources for: BookSense
BookSense Firmware v3.2 Upgrade
HIMS is pleased to announce the availability of BookSense v3.2. This upgrade adds a stopwatch, countdown timer and memo app to the BookSense, and adds support for reading BRF files in UEB. Please see the attached release note for a complete list of the enhancements in this upgrade.
You may download the firmware from the following link:
Upgrade your BookSense using the instructions below:
- Download the zip file containing the firmware from the link above to your PC.
- Extract the firmware file on your PC; please be sure it contains 4 files for the XT and 1 file for the standard.
- Copy the files from your PC and paste into the root of your SD card. Insert the SD card into the BookSense.
- Connect the AC adaptor to the BookSense.
- Power on the BookSense.
- Press the MENU button and navigate to “Advanced options” using the Up or Down arrow.
- Press the Right arrow to open the “Advanced options”, you are placed on the “Upgrade firmware” option.
- Press the Right arrow. You are asked “Do you want to upgrade? Yes”.
- Press the MENU or the OK button and the system will upgrade and reboot.
* When the upgrade is complete, please check your system information to ensure that you are running firmware 3.2.
You may download an updated user manual from the following link: http://www.hims-inc.com/Manual/BookSense User Manual (HIMS Ver 3.2).doc
If you have problems or questions concerning this upgrade, please contact HIMS, Inc tech support at email@example.com.
BookSense Quick Start Guide
BookSense & BookSense XT Quick Start Guide
Please refer to the attached files.
BookSense Quick Start Guide(Eng) (578 KB)
BookSense User Manual
BookSense 3.0 User Manual
BookSense and BookSense XT Brochure – PDF (224 KB)
BookSense and BookSense XT Brochure – DOCX (521 KB)
Free Firmware Upgrade Policy!
Did You Know… HIMS offers FREE firmware upgrades on ALL HIMS notetakers, Braille displays, DAISY/Multi-Players and Low Vision products with OCR and iPad Connectivity! That’s right… whether we release one, two, or even more firmware upgrades in a year, they’re all FREE! Click here to learn more about our Free Firmware Upgrade Policy.
BookSense Master – File Management PC SW
HIMS is pleased to announce the release of BookSense Master–free, downloadable companion software for your PC, created to assist with locating and transferring files to your BookSense.
You can use BookSense Master to search your PC for content playable on your BookSense and select it for transfer directly to the correct folder locations on your BookSense flashdisk or SD card.
BookSense Master is compatible with all BookSense models: BookSense standard, BookSense XT and BookSense DS.
Download BookSense Master from the following link:
BookSense Master Read Me
Complete user guide:
BookSense Master Manual
Getting Started Tutorial
We now have available a Getting Started Tutorial for the BookSense and BookSense XT. This tutorial will orient you to the unit, introduce you to the programming, and give you basic instruction on how to use it. We will be releasing more tutorials in future covering each of the specific programs on the unit.
BookSense Getting Started.mp3
New Upgrade Features (BookSense)
Below you will find documentation and audio tutorials describing and demonstrating the newest features in this upgrade for BookSense and BookSense XT.