Braille Sense PLUS QWERTY
The Braille Sense PLUS QWERTY has been replaced by the powerful Braille Sense U2 QWERTY.
What is the Braille Sense PLUS QWERTY?
The Braille Sense PLUS QWERTY is a notetaker for the blind with a QWERTY keyboard and a 32-cell refreshable Braille display. If you are familiar with the computer keyword, you can quickly and easily use the Braille Sense PLUS QWERTY. Despite having a QWERTY keyboard, it is small, light and easy to carry.
Features of Braille Sense PLUS QWERTY
File Manager is the top feature on the Braille Sense PLUS QWERTY. It is similar to the Windows file manager so it is easy to manage all files, folders, and disks.
- Make folders and change a folder and file name
- Copy, move, delete, cut and paste
- File protection to avoid unintended changing
- Check information in folders, files, and disks.
- Execute file immediately
You can easily create, edit, and print various types of documents using the QWERTY keyboard and the Word Processor.
- Supported formats: HBL(Braille Sense format), DOC, DOCX, RTF, TXT, BRL, BRF
- You can read and edit documents without any conversion. Documents can be saved as different formats.
- Documents can be printed by an embosser or printer.
You can send and receive e-mails with sighted people using real time translation between Braille and text.
- Send and receive e-mails.
- Read html format
You can surf the web, read news, and search the dictionary.
- Surf the web and read news
- Add favorite websites and save them as html files
- Fast moving features; the units to move by link, control, and table etc.
- Download all the files from the link
Easily-accessible audio buttons and playback of the media are powerful features on the Braille Sense PLUS QWERTY.
- Supported formats: MP3, MP4, WAV, ASF, OGG, WMA, M3U, Audible(AA, AAX), WMV, FLAC, MID
- Set sound effects: BassBoost, Surround, 3D Effect, Reverb, Echo
- Recording setting: Changing record source, sample rate and bits per channel
- Make a playlist and play saved playlists
- Set and delete up to 1,000 marks per one file. Move to set mark.
Connecting to PC
You can transfer files back and forth with a computer via USB cable, USB stick, and CF memory. You can also share via e-mail.
The DAISY player provides various functions to read DAISY files.
- Supported formats: Daisy 2.0/2.02, ANSI/NISO Z39.86(Daisy 3.0), NIMAS, Bookshare.org
- Play and pause
- Change the playback speed and volume. You can adjust it regardless of the TTS volume.
- Check playback information; total time, remaining time, elapsed time, total page, and current page.
- Announces remaining page and the number of marks of current Daisy content.
- Move to next or previous phrase and section.
- Move to a certain page, upper or lower level, the next or previous heading.
- Move to the heading
- Set and delete the mark. Move to the previous or next set mark.
It has a very similar structure to MSN Messenger. It is very useful for chatting between PC and Braille Sense PLUS QWERTY users through the internet.
- Login, chat, add and delete friends, check status, and change screen name.
- Invite people from the list and save messages.
Various additional features are added into Braille Sense PLUS QWERTY:
- Address manager, schedule manager
- Use screen reader synchronizing with PC
- Learning Braille through LCD and voice.
- Provides options for user preference, scientific calculator
Technical Specifications of Braille Sense PLUS QWERTY
|Network||Ethernet, wireless LAN, Bluetooth|
|Sound output||Built-in stereo speakers, stereo earphone jack|
|Recording||Built-in microphone, external microphone jack (stereo recording)|
|Interface||2 USB (master, OTG), SD slot, CF slot, serial port|
|Battery||Rechargeable and detachable battery|
|Size||25cm(W) X 13.1cm(D) X 3.9cm(H) / 9.8″(W) X 5″(D) X 1.5″(H)|
|Weight||926g / 2lbs|